Sunday, July 19, 2009

CAMPING

This weekend we went camping. It was our first time with 2 kids, eek crazy is the best word for it. Jeter just wanted to crawl EVERYWHERE, and Felps is such a wandering kid that we kept losing him. We went with the Merrel's and their kids, so they helped round him up a time or two. Thanks guys for the great weekend. Even thought we ditched out early.

This was Jeter's best friend during the weekend. He would just chase Rooney around, It was so cute. He loved that dog, but not Felps, he was pretty scared of him.

Here he is just diving right in to the dirt

I got so sick of pulling rocks and sticks out of his mouth and cleaning his hands because there was no way he was staying on a blanket, or in my lap. That finally I just put socks on his hands so he could not pick up anything. It went really well next time I am just going to bring gloves.

This is him being so cute in the tent.

I promise that Felps and Jared were there to, but in the middle of the night Felps would not calm down so Jared drove him back home like at 3 in the morning. Jeter was a champ and slept right through it all. Jared did not get back until way later that day, and apparently when they were gone was the only time I had the camera out. So there is a reason that only Jeter got pictures taken and not that he is my favorite child.

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

Amy he is so cute!!!!!!! That is funny that you only got pic's of Jeter. I take pics that way too, if someone isn't there while I'm taking them sorry! But seriously cute! I'm getting you that recipie I PROMISE!!! Actually I'll do it right now and just put it here. Well She didn't answer so I'll leave a post or a call you with it later!

Unknown said...

And I'm back. Here's the goods.
Ingredients:

2 Larg Pks Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 Quart Butter Milk
8oz Coolwhip (softened in fridge)
2 sm Cans Mandarin o=Oranges
1 Can Pineapple Tidbits
1 Pkg Fudge Strip Cookies
Directions:
Combine the 2 pks pudding with the buttermilk and mix well. Let sit for a little so it gets kinda set up. Add Cool Whip and mix. DRAIN all cans of fruit and then add fruit to the mix. stir it up. Then you line your bowl with the cookies and save some for the top to crumble over OR just crunch them all up and add them to the mix like you did the fruit. Whatever you desire. Let sit in the fidge overnight I guess that makes it better! YUMMY!!!! Enjoy.

Unknown said...

Shoot ABS is where I work that is weird I didn't even know I was signed into that. What a mess I'm taking up all the room on your comment page! Sorry love ya Stef

Michelle said...

I know that recipe. Yummy. Hey anyways, what a cute kid! Camping with kids is definitely worth it. I figure let them eat some dirt. It will make them tough.

Christy said...

I'm with Felps--I'm not much of a camper! Jeter is tough!

I got mistaken for being a Childs the other day. A lady I didn't even know stopped me on the street and asked if I was living here now. I told her yes, and she said, "Aren't you one of Sharol's daughters?" I laughed so hard. It's been a while since somebody thought I was Krissy's sister!

Jen & George Scott said...

K I am way jealous that you got a pool!!! That is so funny. And I love to camp, it looks like you had a blast!!!

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

It's been too long since I have seen you guys! Camping looked like it was fun! Krissy doesn't look pregnant so I am assuming that Kendall has come!!! I have lost all my phone numbers after breaking my phone (once again - I know, I know, no surprise - new phone). Either give me a call or have Krissy. Just curious what you've been up to! :)

Greg and Lisa said...

Ames, your boys are so cute! Camping definitely takes on a new view with kids...a little too much work at certain ages. Sure wish we lived closer! Hope all is well! Love ya! Lis